Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hair Bow Holder Tutorial

I'm sure you have seen tons of these picture frame hair bow holders and many tutorials for them but since I was in the middle of making one I decided I would share my process with you! They are very easy to make and literally took me 3 simple steps.
Here is what you will need:
A Picture Frame
Ribbon, Lace or Fabric Strips
Staple Gun

So 1st off I found a frame that I had already had but really didn't like the print in. I simply took out the picture, cardboard and glass inside. You might want to save the glass for another project, not sure what but I am sure I will think of something :)

2ndly I got out my husband's trusty staple gun along with a huge bin of vintage lace that I found at a thrift store yrs ago and started laying out the strips of lace where I would like them to go. I did no measuring or anything for this project- really unnecessary. Once I had the strips where I thought they should go I stapled away.




I think that it turned out great and now I have a spot for my ever growing collection of hair clips!!

2 comments:

  1. Great hairclip holder!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial, may have to have a go at making one!

    ReplyDelete