Sunday, January 18, 2015

I'm BAAAAACCCCKKK!

Wow! Has it really been 3 years!! Well obviously I took some time off for many reasons I will not bore you with but I am back. I am super excited for this years Project Run and Play! The format they are doing this year is so exciting. Feel free to read about it here http://www.projectrunplay.com/

The first challenge up is this fabulous Bubble Dress done by Alida Makes! You can check out her post here with the FREE Tutorial http://alidamakes.com/2013/06/bubble-dress-tutorial.html Don't you simply love that sailboat print?! It makes me dream of the ocean.

As for my take on the pattern, I wasn't feeling a dress right now I think because I've been SO cold lately with the low temperatures outside (and not to mention my husband wants to keep our house at FREEZING levels at all times) so I knew I at least wanted something to cover my little ones legs. I started out not really knowing what I was going for but already had this really nice flouncy, stretchy knit fabric I was dying to use up. So I decided to just jump in and see what I ended up with!
After about an hour of sewing- the Bubble Romper was born ;)

First off-check out this fabric! Isnt it super cool? It has a very slight ruffle, is super light and ever so stretchy, what more could you ask for?


While creating this piece, right about halfway through I took it to have my girly try it on and as soon as she saw it she shouted "Oh my goodness my own jumpsuit!" Is that not hilarious? I am not sure if these kind of outfits are cool among this age category but I was sure relieved when I saw her reaction.


Thankfully she loves it and hasn't wanted to take it off! Needless to say I did not have to twist her arm or bribe her to get photos of her wearing it ;)

I think my favorite part of the outfit is the back! She helped me decide on the halter straps. We were going to go with kriss-kross straps but I was reminded to much of a clown suit. I don't know maybe it was just me but I'm pleased with the end result.


Thanks Alida for the awesome tutorial and inspiration! I know one little girl that is very happy!
 

16 comments:

  1. I love the jumpsuit and that fabric is GORGeOUs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And Isnt that fabric awesome!

      Delete
  2. She is so cute! It's the best when the kids are just as happy with the results as you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! She loved it so much she hardly could stand to have me take the time to finish it ;)

      Delete
  3. That looks so comfy! I love the fabric. It looks so different close up too! Great idea to turn this into a romper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So comfy, she never wants to take it off ;) Thanks so much for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really (!) love this one. The fabric! The jumpsuit! The entire look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Can you believe I've been holding on to it for over a year?!

      Delete
  7. This reminds me exactly of something Alida would make! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so darn comfortable. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously! If we could all go around in comfy jumpsuits life would be so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, could you please email me the pattern for the mermaid tail? Jesstew22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for another great post.This is so amazing.
    ghost mannequin

    ReplyDelete